The Climbing 101 class will teach students about the basic climbing techniques and terminology. The Climbing 101 class is open to both top rope climbers and boulderers, as both types of climbers will have something to learn from this class!
Lesson topics include (but not limited to):
- Types of climbing holds and how to hold them.
- Climbing lingo that makes you sound cool.
- Climbing techniques that make you actually cool.
- Reassurance that you are cool regardless.
Perfect for new climbers and anyone looking to advance beyond the 5.8/V3 grades!
Duration: 1 hour
Age Requirements: Must be 16 years of age or older
- climbing shoes (rentals available)
- harness (optional; rentals available)
- belay device (optional; rentals available)
Ready to sign-up for a class? Scroll down to the class calendar below or sign-up in-person at the front desk or call your home gym. If you have questions, please ask our front-desk staff. We would be happy to assist you!
The goal is to provide a foundation for climbers to develop their individual journey without overwhelming them with an ocean of information. The focus is on principles and a launching point for understanding the sport of rock climbing.
Calendar searches in weekly increments – if no scheduled class appears below, try changing the search date. Use the calendar icon to search + sign up for scheduled classes in the upcoming months. Use the filter icon to sort classes by gym location.