We are looking for a few good climbers to join our community!
At Planet Rock, we are one big, happy climbing family; that includes customers and staff. If you enjoy climbing with us, we hope you will enjoy working with us as well.
Everything we do is based on our love of climbing; from the routes we set, to the classes we teach, to the enjoyment we hope to pass on to the next generation of climbers. We pride ourselves in offering a world-class climbing experience to all clients, striving to create the best experience possible, both on and off the wall.
As the first point of contact for customers, Climbing Instructors are expected to support every member of our community – from beginning to experienced climbers. Our ideal candidate is kind, respectful, energetic and interested in supporting the positive PRock culture we climb in daily. Our goal is to help climbers feel respected, valued and excited to be a part of our community, no matter their ability level or prior climbing experience.
• assist with front desk duties; new customers, retail sales, member check-in
• instruct new climbers in introductory lesson, including belay method, gym safety, knot tying
• maintain gym cleanliness under COVID-safety policies
• assist active gym climbers in continuing safe practices + techniques
• provide stellar customer service to everyone who enters our community
• Ann Arbor location
• part-time or full-time, semester or year-round position
• available to work weekend shifts
• prior climbing experience (indoor or out) preferred
• prior experience in customer service preferred
• prior experience with espresso machine a plus
• Planet Rock membership!
• training in belay technique, safety clinics, gear + equipment
• apparel + gear discounts
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 21, 2021
Planet Rock is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive team. We are committed to growing a community that welcomes diverse perspectives and experiences. If you are uncertain on whether or not to apply, we encourage you to do so! Planet Rock is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of climbers in all of our programs. We hold all staff, regardless of position, to the highest possible standards.