Learn the fundamentals of both lead climbing and lead belaying; use of climbing equipment, safety commands, correct methods for lead belaying, proper clipping, rope management and how to catch lead falls.
This class consists of two days:
Day 1 / 3-hour class
Day 2 / 30-min lead check during your next visit to the gym
Sign up for this class:
1. Read + sign our online waiver, or move to step 2 if waiver is already on file.
2. Schedule your class below.
• belay check complete
• regularly rope climbing 8 months or longer
• climbing multiple routes 5.10+ in succession
• comfortable using a Sticht plate (ATC) belay device
• ages 16+
Calendar searches in weekly increments – if there is no scheduled class below, try changing the search date. Use the calendar icon to search + sign up for scheduled classes in the upcoming months. Use the filter icon to sort classes by gym location.